Andrew Warren's setup for An American In Paris at The Argyle Theater in Babylon, New York.
Andrew's gear list and writeup below photos.
"Who doesn’t love some Gershwin!
The score for An American In Paris is a BEAST. It features so many incredible songs by George Gershwin including multiple ballet sequences. I’m definitely keeping busy while playing this one!
The original orchestration for this show had a large orchestra including a drumset player and a percussionist. For this run it’s only me. Therefore I took on the challenge of trying to combine as many aspects of the percussion book with the drumset book. This is where my Yamaha DTX Multi-12 pad wins again! I was able to program crotales, timpani, chimes, and many other sounds including the infamous Klaxon Horns in the final ballet. Although I would have liked to have those be represented acoustically this is a great way to replicate the sounds as close as possible.
I scored some new 'toys' for this show including the LP Triple Cowbell above the snare along with the big 24” Concert Bass Drum made by the Oliver Ditson Company back in the early 1900’s! I have a small and a large triangle that I use for this production and The Miller Machine always makes it a low-stress task to nail those crucial triangle hits!
Overall, this production was a lot of fun and I enjoyed dusting off my orchestral chops with some Gershwin music for a few months!"
Drums: Yamaha GigMaker (Green Glitter Grape Finish)
- 12”x8” Rack Tom
- 14”x 14” Floor Tom
- 22”x 16” Bass Drum
- Pearl 14”x5” Sensitone Elite Black Nickel (Creative Percussion Drum Taco on top)
Concert Bass Drum:
- Aquarian SuperKick II on Bass Drum
- Remo Ambassador Coated on batter side of all drums
- Remo Ambassador clear on resonant side of all drums
- Calf Skin on Ditson Concert Bass Drum
- Gibraltar Curved Rack
- Ludwig Atlas Standard Hi-Hat Stand
- Ludwig Atlas Standard Bass Drum Pedal
- 8” Classics Splash
- 14” Classics Custom Dark Hi Hats
- 14” Classics Custom Crash
- 16” Classics Custom Dual Trash China
- 18” Foundry Reserve Crash
- 19” Classics Custom Dark Crash (Creative Percussion Sizzle Strap on top)
- 21” Polyphonic Ride
- Meinl 27 Bars Chime
- Miller Machine with Triangle
- LP Refillable Maracas
- LP Tri-Bell Set
- LP Granite Blocks
- Vic Firth American Classic Extreme 5A Drumsticks
- Vic Firth 5A Dual-Tone Swizzle Sticks
- Vic Firth Jazz Brushes
- Creative Percussion Red Yarn Mallets
- Creative Percussion Bass Drum Mallet
- Yamaha DTX Multi-12 Pad
- Big Fat Snare Drum Donut XL
- TnR Products (True Vibe Isolation Mounts)
- Kbrakes HiStops & Kick Grips
- Cympads Lime Green & Black (on all cymbals)
- Creative Percussion “Soft Felt” Bass Drum Beater
- Creative Percussion Knurled Hi-Hat Clutch
- Creative Percussion FX Post
- Upcycled Percussion Custom Tray Table
- Snareweight M1 & M80
- Ahead Spinal Glide Throne
- KZ ZST In-Ears
- Gruv-X Percussion X-Click