Dennis J. Arcano’s setup for a brand new, multimedia production of Stephen Schwartz's Working at ACT in Ridgefield, Connecticut.
Read Dennis' write-up about the show, below the photos.
"The Roland SPD-SX was used for running click tracks, triggering samples of congas, cowbell, and timbales for the song 'Delivery' written by Lin-Manuel Miranda. It was also used for samples of bell tree, Mark Tree, flex-a-tone, and castanets for the song 'It’s An Art'.
Apple's MainStage was used via the 37-key keyboard for glockenspiel, vibes, chimes, celeste, and harp as notated in the percussion book by orchestrator Alex Lacamoire.
The drum set is a 1989 Pearl Export that I stripped off the original black drum wraps. I hand painted the original shells red and had black powder coating done to all original chrome rims. My DTS snare drum (picture above) is a one-of-a-kind custom drum made especially for me by Steve 'Steevo' Morrison, who is also a drum tech for Tommy Lee, and Nate Morton of 'The Voice'.
Mr. Schwartz is an artistic advisor for the theater and this production of ours may be coming to a small screen near you in the not too distant future!"
- Pearl Export 22” Kick Drum (Aquarian Super Kick 2 Drumhead)
- Pearl Export 12”, 13”, & 16” Toms (Remo Coated Pinstripe Drumheads)
- DTS 14” x 7" Custom Birch Snare Drum (Remo Coated Controlled Sound X Drumhead)
- Pearl H1050 Redline Hi-Hat Stand
- Pearl P2050C Eliminator Redline Bass Drum Pedal
- Zildjian K 14” Custom Hybrid Hi-Hat Cymbals
- Zildjian K 18” Dark Crash Medium Thin Cymbal
- Zildjian K 16” Dark Crash Thin Cymbal
- Zildjian K 22” Custom Dark Ride Cymbal
- Zildjian K 10” Custom Dark Splash Cymbal
- Grover 6” Super Overtone Triangle (with Miller Machine)
- Pearl Ultra-Grip Brass Tambourine
- Various LP Shakers
- Roland SPD-SX Sampling Pad
- iRig Keys 37 PRO Keyboard
- Vic Firth 5B Extreme Wood Tip Sticks
- Regal Tip “Ed Thigpen” Brushes
- Flix Orange Drumsticks
- Mike Balter 16B Orange Yarn Mallets
- Grover Triangle Beaters
"Included is an additional shot of Stephen Schwartz and I on stage together for the 2019 ACT of Connecticut Gala announcing our production of Godspell coming up in the 2019-2020 season."
Dennis is the resident drummer, percussionist, synth and drum programmer, and music contractor of ACT.