Paul Davis' setup for the Broadway production of Newsies at the Nederlander Theatre.
Pauls write-up and gear list below photos.
“The drum book for Newsies covers several types of feels and grooves including big anthem rock/pop songs, vaudeville, big band, pop ballad, orchestral, and drum cadences/military rudimental drumming."
Drums: Yamaha Club Custom (Swirl Black Finish)
- 10”x7” Rack Tom
- 12”x8” Rack Tom
- 16”x15” Floor Tom
- 20”X15” Bass Drum
- 14”x5” Ludwig Black Beauty
- Evans EMAD2 combination on the Bass Drum
- Remo Emperor Coated on batter side of all drums
- Remo Ambassador Coated on resonant side of all drums (except for snare where I’m using a Hazy)
- Yamaha 900 Series Cymbal Stands
- Yamaha 1200 Series Hi-Hat Stand
- Yamaha 9500 Direct Drive BD Pedal
- Zildjian 14" A New Beat Hi Hats
- Zildjian 8" K Splash
- Zildjian 18" A Custom Crash
- Zildjian 20" K Custom Medium Ride
- Zildjian 18" K Custom Dark Crash