Scot Sexton’s combined book setup for Seussical with Broadway Bound in Seattle, Washington.
Read Scot's write-up about the show, below the photos.
"This is one of those shows where combing the two books (drums and percussion) can be a fun challenge. There is not a lot of down time so its pretty much all playing.
With this one I did my usual process of laying out the books side by side. I start with the drum set book, and add in the things that are easy to catch from the percussion book. I keep going until I only have mallet parts left. Then I look into how much of those I can do electronically with samples.
With this show I knew I would be juggling sticks, page turns, shakers and beaters so as I was combining the books I was also working on my layout and choreography. Thus allowing me to see what would work and what wouldn't."
Drums: All custom built birch shells by Scot
- 20"x15" Bass Drum
- 14"x14" Floor Tom
- 12"x8" Rack Tom
- 10"x8" Rack Tom
- 14"x5.5" Snare Drum
- 13"x3" Snare Drum
- Remo Coated Ambassador on snare batter
- Remo Hazy Ambassador on snare side
- Remo Pinstripe on all tom batter heads
- Remo Ambassador Clear on all tom resonant heads
- Zildjian 20" 1960’s Ride cymbal
- Sabian 16" AAX X-Plosion Crash
- Zildjian 14" 1970’s Hi-Hats
- Wuhan 10" Splash
- TreeWorks 6" Triangle
- TreeWorks Tre35 Bar Chimes
- LP Bell Tree
- RhythmTech Tambourine (mounted on its own stand)
- Acme Siren Whistle
- LP Samba Whistle
- LP Granite Blocks
- LP Rock Cowbell
- LP Black Beauty Cowbell
- Steve Weiss Vibraslap
- Rainstick 20"
- Egg Shaker
- Miller Machine with 8" TreeWorks Triangle
- Miller Machine with mounted Finger Cymbal
- Roland HandSonic HPD-20 for triggering djembe and bongos
- Alesis SamplePad Pro for triggering counter bell, sleigh bells, timbale, congas, cork pop, cabasa, glock, crotales and xylophone
- Regal Tip Jazz Drum Sticks
- Regal Tip wire brushes
- Zildjian John Riley Double Stick Mallet