Andrew Warren's setup for Newsies at the Patchogue Theatre, in Patchogue, New York.
Andrew's write-up and gear list below photos.
"Newsies! What A Fun Book To Play!
The drumset book for Newsies includes a number of different styles such as rock, swing, march-like snare drumming, and even some orchestral percussion aspects.
For this run we did not have a percussionist, so, I tasked myself with adding some of the extra percussion aspects that I felt were important. One was the muted/unmuted triangle part in the chorus of 'Watch What Happens'. This was a challenge because I already had a cymbal part and had to mesh both together. The quick change was tough, but have no fear 'The Miller Machine' is here! I had never owned one before, but that moment helped me realize it’s the best way to get the job done.
The most enjoyable part for me was getting to work with so many talented people from all over the World and meeting one of the original Broadway cast members who was the choreographer!"
Drums: Yamaha GigMaker (Green Glitter Grape Finish)
- 10”x7” Rack Tom
- 12”x8” Rack Tom
- 14”x 14” Floor Tom
- 22”x 16” Bass Drum
- 14”x5” Pearl Sensitone Elite Black Nickel
- Aquarian SuperKick Combo on Bass Drum
- Remo Ambassador Coated on batter side of all drums
- Remo Ambassador clear on resonant side of all drums
- Gibraltar Curved Rack
- Ludwig Atlas Standard Hi-Hat Stand
- Ludwig Atlas Standard Bass Drum Pedal
- Meinl 8” Classics Splash
- Meinl 14” Classics Custom Dark Hi Hats
- Meinl 16” Pure Alloy Medium Crash
- Meinl 18” Byzance Extra Dry Dual Crash
- Meinl 21” Byzance Polyphonic Ride
- Meinl Wind Chimes
- LP Jam Block
- Rhythm Tech Mounted Tambourine
- LP Cowbell
- Miller Machine with Triangle
- Vic Firth Freestyle 5A
- Promark Jonathan Haas Mallets
- Creative Percussion Bigfoot Twist Rods
- Vic Firth Jazz Brushes
- Big Fat Snare Drum Donut, Round Sound, Donut XL
- TnR Products (Booty Shakers & Floor-Tom Isolation Mounts)
- Kbrakes HiStops & Kick Grips
- Lime Green Cympads on all cymbals